Monday, August 22, 2011

artsy santa

tonight was my first class as a collegite. it was figure drawing/life drawing, which means i get to draw naked people....yay!! but seriously, the human figure in general is an art form. the greeks were the ones who really kick started the rage of figure drawing/painting/sculpture. They regarded the body as a "temple" and a symbol of divinity, the nudes went from 2D to the forms moving in a 3D space. Figure art remains a consistant challenge in the art realm, psychologicaly, in 3D, light & movement, and every single human figure is different. unless youre a clone.

my professor is also quite a comical guy. he has these fiesty little blue eyes and resembles that of an artsy saint nick. seriously, he is aged like a fine wine, is round and jolly, has rosey cheeks, and a snow white beard. he also talks with his hands like an italian mama. really, all thats missing is 8 reindeer and a sleigh.

earlier this morning i ran into my friend/hebro brian who saved me in sorting out all of my classes and figuring out my schedual. thanks brian!!

also i saw the lovely sophilia today, and it was quite a reunion because we havent seen eachother for a while. we went to mozy cafe and ate sweet potato fries. and then i just got home from me and my sis getting burritos. divine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment