Friday, August 26, 2011

santa maria

there are many people in this world that inspire me, but one of my top people is my nana, mary. she is singke handedly one of the most smart, independent and determined women in the the last 100 years. she makes eleanor roosavelt and michelle obama look like pretentious girl scouts. shes taught me most of my lifes ethics: work hard (life doesnt owe you anything, so go out and kick its ass), family first, and red wine and a little poker  or oh hell can fix anything.

my nana is an episcopalian with attitude. she doesnt believe in one right religeon, but the universal oneness of god and the universe. this life is all there is, so live it up, be nie to people, and dont talk with your mouth full.

all though im jewish, there is one part of my christian past that i still hold on too.

ive always had a very special connection to saint mary, and whenever i think of her appearing to us mere mortals, preforming miracles, or comforting one in the time of need, i alwasy see my nanas face and something that she has done for me or for my family.

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen"


No comments:

Post a Comment